||> RESOURCES - OPEN ACCESS AND OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
||Veterinary Science Degrees Online
Articles and Links
"Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. We welcome suggestions from the readers to make the list more comprehensive."
- Penn Foster College
Established in 1890, Penn Foster College is one of the oldest and largest distance learning institutions in the world. Students can study online, in print, or a combination of each—you decide which method best suits your learning style.
Penn Foster College is licensed by the Arizona State Board of Private Postsecondary Education and is authorized to award Associate of Science Degrees. Penn Foster is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC) in Washington, D.C which is listed with the U.S. Department of Education.
- Veterinary Technician Associate Degree
There are certain skills you need to begin a career as a veterinary technician. With Penn Foster distance learning, you can earn your Associate in Specialized Technology Degree and become a Veterinary Technician quickly and conveniently. Course includes Animal Anatomy and Physiology, Medical Mathematics, Veterinary Office Management, Animal Nutrition, Reproduction, Genetics, Aging and more.
Penn Foster College offers affordable, all-inclusive pricing—among the lowest of all career schools—and 0% interest financing and customized payment plans.
Canadian residents: Penn Foster's partner school, ICS, offers similar programs to residents of Canada.
- St. Petersburg College
St. Petersburg College offers the following veterinary programs through distance learning:
St. Petersburg College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Associate in Science in Veterinary Technology:The program is designed for veterinary hospital employees seeking a veterinary technician degree. The program is accredited by the Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities of the American Veterinary Medical Association.
- Veterinary Hospital Manager Certificate:The business courses identified in this certificate program will meet the educational requirements for the Veterinary Hospital Managers Association examination for Certified Veterinary Practice Managers. The eight courses will cover the areas of personnel, accounting and finance, marketing, legal requirements, budgeting, planning, and computer use and applications. Each course is specifically designed for individuals currently working in veterinary hospitals or those with previous experience in veterinary hospital management.
- The Australian Center for Correspondence Courses:
- A different model of distance education in agriculture: University of Idaho
- Hybrid model at the Colarado State University:
- Imperial College DL program offers two PG courses in Agri Business and Agri Economics
- University of Manitoba, Canada
- North Carolina State U LEAP:
- An important program in natural resources management operated by a consortium of US-based institutions.
- From the Purdue University:
- From the New Mexico State:
- The Pullman-based WSU program in DL mode:
- University of Queensland in Australia has a comprehensive DL program in agricultural and veterinary sciences
- Non-degree online courses in agriculture
- from Sakatchewan, Canada:
- IICA-Jamaica project: non-degree DL training
- Non-degree online training offered by the USDA:-Link 1
- Non-degree online training offered by the USDA:-Link 2