||> RESOURCES - OPEN ACCESS AND OPEN EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES
||Online Agricultural Degrees
Articles and Links
"Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. We welcome suggestions from the readers to make the list more comprehensive."
- Agricultural Masters Australasian College
AGFA College delivers agriculture programs through distance learning to Australian and international students. Training opportunities include beef and sheep breeding, pasture management, animal nutrition and husbandry, cropping, marketing, risk management, occupational health and safety, wool and sheep classing, shearing, animal health, horticulture, organics, hydroponics and training in natural resource management. Accredited by the Australian National Training Authority.
- Iowa State University
Iowa State University offers the following degree programs in agriculture:
Programs are delivered statewide via the Iowa Communications Network; and in the U.S. and Canada via CD-ROM and internet. Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Master of Agriculture :The core 13 credits of the program emphasize leadership development, technological change, use of statistics, economic issues, and sustainability issues. You select the remaining courses, 14 credits, in consultation with your graduate committee to meet your individual needs and interests. The capstone of the program is a creative component of 4 credits that lets you explore a particular interest area. The creative component is a demonstration of independent creativity with a written report of laboratory, field, or library research.
- Master of Science in Agronomy: The computer-based program emphasizes practical, professional, and technical skills involved in crop management, soil and water management, and integrated pest management. It is a non-thesis degree.
- Kansas State University
Kansas State University offers the following online degrees:
Kansas State University is accredited by the Northwest Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Master of Agribusiness: The Master in Agribusiness at Kansas State University provides agribusiness professionals the knowledge and skills to excel in today's rapidly changing and increasingly complex food and agricultural global economy. Two one-week segments per year on-campus visits required.
- Bachelor Degree Completion Program - Animal Science and Industry:The program builds on a liberal arts foundation with a concentration in animal science and includes substantial coursework in agriculture, biological and physical sciences, mathematics, statistics and computer science, business and economics.
- Online College of Oklahoma
Online degrees in agriculture offered by Oklahoma State University: :
Delivery methods incorporate interactive video, telecourses, Internet, audioconferencing, computer assisted instruction and audiotape.
- Master of Agricultural Education:
- Master of Agriculture:
- Oregon State University
Oregon State University offers an online Bachelor of Science in General Agriculture degree completion program. Accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Texas A&M University
Texas A&M University offers the following online agriculture degree program:
Delivery methods include Internet, videoconferencing and CD-ROM. There are no residency requirements. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Master of Agriculture:The degree program is intended to prepare individuals for leadership roles in education, natural resource management, the extension service, and many professional careers in agriculture and life sciences. This is a non-thesis degree program which emphasizes the development of problem-solving skills and the practical aspects of academic coursework. A highly individualized degree, you can select degree plans in the following areas:
- - Agricultural Development
- - Fisheries
- - Plant Sciences
- - Natural Resources Development
- - Poultry Sciences
- - Wildlife
- Texas Tech University
Texas Tech University and Texas A&M University offer a joint Doctor of Education in Agricultural Education. Courses are taught using the Trans-Texas Videoconference Network, a web-based design using WebCT, the Internet, and a variety of other methods, including appropriate face-to-face meetings. Texas Tech University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- University of Georgia, Center for Continuing Education
University of Georgia, Center for Continuing Education offers the following program in turfgrass management:
Successful completion earns the designation "Certified Turfgrass Professional." The Georgia Center also offers certification for those who wish to pursue a series of college credit courses in turfgrass management and related subjects.
- • Principles of Turfgrass Management:This course is designed for all professionals in this fast-growing industry, including those affiliated with private lawn care companies, public parks and recreation areas, school grounds, sod production, landscape management firms, golf courses, cemeteries, athletic fields, and other public and private turf facilities.
- University of Florida
The University of Florida offers a Master of Agriculture via distance learning technologies. Courses are delivered via interactive videoconferencing, videotape lecturing, and online.
- University of Illinois Online
University of Illinois Online offers the following online certificate program:
The classes are taught on the Internet and CD ROM. Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Professional Development Sequence in Dairy Science:The professional development sequence in dairy science includes a series of structured courses delivered by the Internet using an interactive course delivery system. A certificate will be awarded to students who successfully complete the introductory class (Phase 1), a minimum of two of the advanced classes (Phase 2), and a minimum of two of the lab techniques (Phase 3). The certificate will be valuable to adult students needing advanced training including veterinarians, livestock nutritionists, extension educators, livestock producers, and herd managers.
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln
The University of Nebraska - Lincoln offers a Master of Agriculture degree through distance education technologies for working agricultural professionals. Students are able to individualize their particular curriculum programs to best meet their own career objectives. Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- University of Northwestern Ohio
The University of Northwestern Ohio offers a Diploma in Agribusiness Management entirely online. Students completing this one-year program will be prepared for entry-level positions in the agribusiness management community - wholesale, retail or production. Accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.
- University of Tennessee at Martin
University of Tennessee at Martin offers online a Master of Science degree in Agricultural Operations Management. The MSAOM curriculum is based on two primary knowledge bases: agricultural systems science (which includes management science and agricultural engineering technology) and agribusiness/business. The breadth of the MSAOM degree is enhanced with courses in international agriculture, agricultural science, and statistics/advanced mathematics. Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.:
- Washington State University
Washington State University offers the following online degree programs in agriculture:
Courses are delivered directly to students using distance education technologies. Accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Master of Science in AgricultureEmphasis of the Master of Science in Agriculture program is on the agricultural professional, practitioner, and educator.
- Bachelor of Science in AgricultureThe Bachelor of Science in Agriculture is an upper-division degree completion program that enables students to complete the final two years of a bachelor's degree without going to a Washington State University campus.